Managing my Workflow

Every teacher can appreciate the importance of utilising every second we have efficiently to fit in and achieve as many tasks as possible.  I will wholeheartedly jump on any quick tips or apps that will help me manage my workflow, my life, my sanity really.

Thankfully, Kerry & Michael (two really great tutors) had handy hints and tips to allow me to manage myself more efficiently.  This included:
  • Taming your tabs.
  • Organising your gmail account. (Did you even know there was a new gmail version?)
  • Managing multiple calenders.
  • How to use Hangouts or Hangout Meet.
  • Using blogger labels.
I personally really appreciated being taught how to filter emails, create labels and forward emails (such as electricity bills to the husband) automatically.  This is something that needs to be taught, particularly if you're receiving hundreds of emails daily.

Creating events, sharing calenders, and discovering ways that you can organise your life may take time to set up, but in the long run will save you so much time!

I found hangouts frustrating....only because admin restrictions prevented me from using my school account.  My personal account couldn't access school domains...we had a lot of trial and error experiences regarding the different processes for Hangout and Hangout Meet.  With perseverance however, our group was able to record ourselves experimenting with how we could use Hangout in the classroom.  Here is our recording.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infographics

Math Moderation - Tautoro School

Google Certified Educator Level 2